If I had a pound for every time I have heard 'IF' I certainly wouldn't risk it on one turn of pitch and toss, and while we're at it just how far do you expect to get in sixty seconds anyway! even the best Olympic athletes could only manage about five hundred meters!
George Orwell said this of Kipling;
'For my part I worshipped Kipling at thirteen,
Loathed him at Seventeen, enjoyed him at twenty,
Despised him at twenty five,
and now again I rather admire him.
But the one thing that was never possible,
if one had read him at all was to forget him'
That sort of sums up what I feel about Kipling and strangly what I feel about my father as well, stange that! well I always was a bit of an 'EATHEN'
Thats all for now I will keep you posted,
Kipling.

No comments:
Post a Comment