
This week has been a slightly odd one personally in as much as two people who are near and dear too me have made what can only be described as shocking purchases. Although these purchases are completely at the other ends of the spectrum from each other in regards of cost, never the less they are still shocking! Firstly my mother, who along with my farther are the least technologically minded people I know, she has bought an apple lap top. Don't get me wrong I don't begrudge her spending her money. But my mother has had two computers in the last three years, the first was a lap top, the second a PC, but she didn't like the card games on the Vista enabled PC so she swapped it back for her lap top that she had given to my sister.
(see the Watercats)
(see the Watercats)
The only thing my mother used either of these perfectly good machines for was to play the built in card games, and too receive the occasional Email. Notice I said receive not send! she does not know how to send an email, nor does she have music stored, nor photo's, nor letters, nor banking. She did however discover EBay and got hooked on buying hat pins. So the story goes she went into a well known PC shop to buy my niece a new Nintendo hand held thing, and came out with an apple! and a Nintendo. I can just see it now some spotty nerdy teen going through the pre set sales banter which ends with (ok but if you need any help just ask) just got the biggest shock of his life when my mum said "ok I will take it" "is cash ok?"
Any way is it jealousy on my behalf? a little I suppose' but eleven hundred euros is alot of money for someone on disability pension who will not use this great bit of kit to it's potential.

The second shocking purchase was made by my wife! Whilst out shopping we went into a discount store you know the kind where everything in the shop costs two euro's, two pounds, or two dollars, depending on where you are in the western world. Well she saw a large glass oval shaped vase. "Wow!" she said "look at that" she took it to the check out and paid, then turned too me and asked where the pet shop is! It then dawned on me that she wanted a fish! A fish whats wrong with a fish I hear you say! well we have two ponds in our gardens both have fish in them, these fish are constantly under threat from what can only be described as a black fish loving panther of a tom cat. This cat is called Brian the bastard! and is our sons. This vase that is now sitting in the kitchen with two rather girly! fish called fluffy and Sebastian in it, is tall and not very broad at it's base, so I can see the day when we come in to a flooded kitchen, a broken bowl, and a very happy cat! But never mind my son and I are having bets on how long they last. Whilst my wife and I are having bets on how long my mother lasts with the apple before she gives it too my sister!
(see the watercats).

On the fire brigade front we have had our first RTC' of the silly season(see last post) luckily enough it was just a clear up after the driver had ditched his car into a wall then done a runner! so he is Ok, but will get a visit by the Police at some stage which will result in some shock' no doubt! We have also visited the local primary school to talk to the kids on all aspects of home and personal safety. This they love! and get a chance to become fire deputies in their school and at home. I will post more on this next time as we do the other larger school next week.

chuckle.. I think it'll be a race of the most able to prise the mac from mum's cold dead fingers, I've already asked her for it!.. she said no! She won't even let us 'borrow' it on Saturday nights to record music! It has about everything we need on it! Mind you, good on her for rubbing her children's faces in it! "look what i can afford now you're all gone.. hahahahahahahahahah!".. ttssskk! How's the fish!?.. It's when the tank starts needing cleaning out every one and a half weeks that it becomes a pain in the arse.. just hope Brian the bastard gets them before that! Ron says, "where's the rum!"..lol!
ReplyDelete