Monday, May 11, 2009

Raven,s Saturday Wordzzle Challenge.




I have recently been introduced to this wonderful blog, by the Watercats. It is a great challenge, and great fun to do. So hear for your approval is my first effort at the challenge.


This saturdays post to include the following words; green goddess, shampoo, filibuster, please and thank you, operation marigold, throw pillows, up the creek without a paddle, spandex, ubiquitous, wedding ring, skittles, lamb chops, stingray, chagrin, and clever devil.


Marina.



The Eco-friendly shampoo she used turned her cheap wedding ring green, as she 'washed that man right out of her hair'. This was the first day of the rest of her life. There will be no more please and thank you's, no more Friday night skittles and lamb chops. From now on she was her own woman. Operation marigold began with more throw pillows, he had hated clutter especially in the bedroom, but this was her place now and she liked STUFF! His filibuster tactics had delayed this day for long enough, and the ubiquitous dominance that he once held over her, which left her up the creek without a paddle in their relationship was over. Her once shamefaced rather chagrin reflection had been replaced by a spandex clad green goddess. You clever devil you! she thought, as she casually caught her reflection in the new hallway mirror. She looked like the girl Marina' from her favorite childhood Gerry Anderson cartoon series Stingray. And for the first time in a long while a smile spread across her face as the ring that once bound her, sank to the bottom of 'her' aquarium with a plop!



























8 comments:

  1. hahahahah!.. nice one! I'm going to have to google the meaning of half these words too..lol! check out the photo prompt guy too, a blog called portrait of words on my blogroll. The posting dates for his writing challenge are coming up soon, it's another good excersize. Glad to see you up and running.. you're much nicer in type... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your story. Looks like she's got some new confidence about herself.

    Your story is a little early, though, as these are the words for this coming Saturday (tomorrow). Be sure to visit Raven after she posts her story for these words and use the new link to put your name in Mr. Linky again. There's a new Mr. Linky list for each week.

    Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to wordzzles! Hope you'll come back and add your name to Mr. Linky for this week (you are ahead of schedule). I usually post as close to 6:30 pm NY time as I can. Should be on time tonight if all goes well.

    Great wordzzle! They're fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Wordzzle! I hope you enjoy your writing as much as we like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first effort. Hope to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good use of the words, nice and compact story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Wordzzles!

    What a great first effort, I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for some great comments. I only hope that I can get as good as you guy's.

    ReplyDelete