
Yesterday I found out that someone is living a great life pretending that they are me! Apparently they have booked an adventure holiday, a long weekend in Italy and have been traveling around the London underground for a week, as well as a weekend in York. Had it not been for my son wanting to buy an album off of itunes I would have been non the wiser. It seems they have managed to get my credit card details and have had a bit of a spree!
Putting that aside I find my self quite envious of this Invisible man, not of his blatant disregard for the law, or of him stealing my ID, but of his life style. For all that he has done could in another time have been done by me. I've been on adventure holidays, I've been skiing in Italy, and I've even been to York, as for the London underground well who hasn't. I suppose if your going to have your ID and credit stolen it may as well be by someone with a bit of street cred' and not by someone pretending to be you whilst buying pelvic floor exercisers, or anasol cream. On a more serious note this is why you should always pay the extra for the insurance when it comes to your credit cards. Once we found out, we got on the phone straight away and the card was cancelled. The bank in question have called in the fraud squad and will be reimbursing me once a statement to them is made. The whole process took five Min's and the person on the phone was very nice about it. I wonder though what it would have been like if I had no insurance? So here's to you Invisible man, have a drink on me! it will be your last.
As for the fire brigade, well we have been having trouble with more invisible people, since Halloween we have had our "in case of emergency break glass here" glass broken five times. We normally have that happen once or twice on Halloween night but this year it happened four times and once more on the weekend. During Halloween each time we arrived at the doors only to have bangers thrown at us, or eggs. No doubt that the local youths find this very funny, but what they do not realise is that it puts peoples lives at risk, and the County council could and probably will fall for the option of removing the emergency glass altogether. This I fear would be the kind of thing that will happen "the boy who cried wolf syndrome" I call it.

Oooh NOT a good thing to happen and wouldn't you love to just strangle the sod who did it ?
ReplyDeleteMy daughter was a victim years ago, before the word Identity Theft was ever thought of. We had meetings with the Secret Service and the FBI and thanks to our personal efforts we found the fella that was doing it. The credit card people were not willing to punish back then, it wasn't enough money to put one of their agents on a flight to Tennessee and prosecute.....sheez.
I wish teenagers would realize the seriousness of their pranks. While you are wasting time responding to their pranks, some other poor soul is having their house burn down.
It must take hours of training to mentally understand some of these motives.
Love your new header !
I have seen some jewellery i want on ebay,what was your credit card number again?? seriously though,it does show how easy it must be to steal credit card details.You read about it but you never think it will happen to you.Glad you brought this to our attention.
ReplyDeleteIt might be an invisible lady...?.... I haven't been on the underground.... or an adventure holiday... or been to york.... the fuckers!
ReplyDelete