
So I'm back! I've been bullied into making a comeback. For those of you who are new, here's a quick summary. I'm a firefighter, a photographer, a poor poet, a poor husband and father, and a poor big brother to one of the Watercats. I will let you decide which one. I'm also the son of the Matron (see Views from the castle) I am however a good firefighter who specializes in RTC's Road Traffic Collisions, they used to be called RTA's (accidents) but there is always someone to blame, so therefore it is deemed that there is no such things as an accident?
In the last half a year since posting a lot of things have happened to me and my family. My brother has become an artist, my mother has become a blogger, my sister an even better singer song writer, poet, and photographer, my son an even better cricketer, and recently has been picked on the JCT panel for rugby. Junior College Team. (a really big thing) he also finished fifth out of fifty five in his academic exams, and has completed another outward bound coarse. My wife Jackie continues to be my wife, and has found new ways to annoy and surprise me in equal measure.
On a personal note I have re- qualified as an Emergency Medical Technician, and First Responder, specialising in Pre- Hospital Trauma, re-qualified as a Breathing Apparatus wearer, and have completed a hot fire recognition coarse. I have attended to many RTC's dealt with three broken Femurs, one suspected heart attack, numerous severe leg lacerations, and have even been cut myself. I've been to three house fires, two barn fires, and had my legs and chest waxed for charity. As you can see I've been busy! I have also walked and drank with a king! bought an i mac, and rediscovered my love for freshly ground coffee.
My Coffee Grinder.
My Son Oliver Playing for Midleton College
The Barn Fire.
My Coffee Grinder.
My Son Oliver Playing for Midleton College
The Barn Fire.
Well done i am proud of you,the kick up the ass must have taken affect this morning.Like the photo's.I have photo's up on my site today as well.I look forward to more posts ,i do find them interesting.
ReplyDeleteWell thank you for your size six boot up the a'hole, matron. Will speak to you soon.
ReplyDeletewoop and indeed.. hoo!..... about bleedin time. Meant to say cheers for the rug.. oh and the vodka, computer, camera and helping with the kid's elbow that day!.. Think your coffee mug says it all really :-)
ReplyDeleteDeer damp pussy's thank you, for your kind words, how-ever, I draw the line at being called a penguin!! Oh and by the way check out this;dindy09 at flickr.com
ReplyDeleteSorry that should read, http://www.flickr.com/photos/dindy09
ReplyDeleteOohh this photo makes me have goosebumps :(
ReplyDeleteMy granddaughter was in a crash after leaving work Sunday evening, it makes you sit up and pay attention when you see how devestating something like this can be.
She was not injured, her vehicle repairable, but her head on collision totaled the other gals car.
I admire you for being one of those who has to "first respond" you truly save lives.
Love your blog !
when are we going for a walk again!?
ReplyDeleteGREAT POST!
am I your little watercat brother?
you cant be related to the carpet monster!
Dear Brit, Thanks for stopping by. It must be every parents nightmare to get that call. We do our best at the side of the road, but it's seat belts and air bags that save lives.
ReplyDeleteKing! we will walk again soon that long walk from your newly opened sitting room, to the fridge and back, or we could just send the kid!!