Sorry all those in blog land, I am off on my next adventure into the unknown, and will be off the cyber thing' for the next two weeks! For those that are interested I am one of only eighteen that have been selected to go on a Junior Officers coarse from around the country and the only one from County Waterford. This coarse is designed to give the officer in charge of an incident the latest up-to-date knowledge in keeping his crew and the public safe. This can be highlighted this week with the sad deaths of two fire fighters from England, who died fighting a fire in an apartment block, who were hit by a delayed back draught, (my opinion). Also a little nearer home by the deaths of two kayakers caught in a weir not two hundred yards from a fire station in Portlaw County Waterford! This coarse is designed to test our leadership, our knowledge, and our skill, while teaching us hopefully how to minimize risk. It should also give me an opportunity to learn new skills from my peers on the coarse some of which I know will have been in the service a lot longer than I have.
It is also designed to show us how to teach these new skills to our own crews, as well as best practice when it comes to designing imaginative and realistic training for our crews while keeping them safe at the same time. I am looking forward to completing this coarse as it is a huge advantage when it comes to the next promotion step on the ladder, and I'm aiming high!
Turning Tables
21 hours ago


My...impressive !
ReplyDeleteWell, be on your way, and wish you and the other crew members a fortnight packed with sharing ideas, and new learnings....
Let us know how you went on.
Jo